Thursday, February 25, 2010

If you wannabe my lover, you gotta get with my friends. Make it lasts forever, Friendship never ends

Thank you Spice Girls. Though I don't fully get your lyrics, I like the importance of friends expressed through them...


Yes, I steal all my lines from music and movies. There is no other way for my words to make sense. I especially like quoting from She's the Man. It's just fun and something I started with my sister. Oh Moesha, though we are 8 years apart at times it doens't feel like it... haha.


Speaking of people I love, I love my friends. Yes, I do. I don't believe in having only shallow friendship, though those will come and go. So I'm pretty happy that I have some deeply routed friendships. Yes, I have people who I wouldn't drop out of my life any time soon by choice, and conversely I'd have a broken heart if they'd one day stop taking my tiring lameness and cut me out of their lives. SO DON'T DO IT EVER!


Wow, that was intense. But I don't see it coming any time soon. I'm slowly realizing that I'm the weird friend. I can be pretty lame at times with my many attempts to be trendy and failing, I'm pretty dependent ( My Mom just asked my friend behind my back today if she could give me a ride tomorrow. So highschool!) and it goes on yea. I keep on taking out my fake man-glasses and sit in the passenger seat. And yet they all still love me. If not, well they're good at lying then and have stuck around so long for nothing. But since they stick around I believe they're getting something from me, right? Relationships no matter the kind are two way, they must be or else they fail.


Now don't get me wrong, I do appreciate and am thankful for friends of the past. I've had a journal (or diary turned journal) since ever and I've kept some memories of people I don't know any more. But in that time and moment they were my friends and I learned something from them that I still carry today. So they have affected my life. And of course I have people in my life now, that will possibly, most likely due to life leave me and I may never see again. But for now they are here and I am thankful for them.


Still I believe in having friends who will be there forever. Some friends you just know. But that doesn't mean you take them for granted. I think that's the worst thing you can do to those good friendships. I've done it, but I don't intend to anymore. Yes, when I was in highschool I attempted to be hardcore and make friends with the new girl with the bad attitude while abandoning my friends. In short I learned how to swear, became angry at life, hated church and had almost no relationship with Jesus besides a bitter one, listened to music I have little tolerance for today and had no friends. I was angry and alone. When I finally was tired of that I cut the act and went back to my real friends. They took me like nothing had happened. And since then I believe we've come so much closer, and I am so thankful they took me back after being a jerk. 


I spent a few days of my reading break with these friends from highschool. I wrote in my journal how I hoped it would be good. Not like old times, but new and better times. And it was. We've grown-up, made decisions in life and are different from those days. But that's inevitable. Some of them are done school and have jobs, careers, and yet they took the time to spend a few days for us to be together and be as silly or serious as we wanted. Oh and we a had a good balance of both.


While away and having such a good time with them I couldn't help but be reminded of the verse that says "every good and perfect gift comes from above.." James 1:17 I just found out. It blows my mind how the God of heaven, the Father of lights, creator of the universe loves me so much that He made this beautiful place called Earth for me to live in, providing beautiful Canadian West Coast for me to look out, and placing amazing people in my life to show me some degree of this love. And oh boy, how I am loved. So today, yes, I am thankful for friends. Friends from school, those who've I've had a long history with, those who I am just starting to get to know better, those who I've grown up with, those who I've lost contact with in the past and who I've created new improved relationships with, and those who know my secrets. I don't believe I have to see my friends every day. I just know that with my close friends I've had experiences with them that have shaped who I am today and they are the people who know me best. And with that I end on a musical note with lyrics from Wicked- For Good:


        Who can say if I've been changed for the better? I do believe I have been changed for the better. Because I knew you, I have been changed for good...


To my friends, I hope you know that I love you all so much. I'm excited for what the future has for us. Can't wait for those tupperware parties!








                     


  Alexandra of course....




p.s. go check out the song For Good- from Wicked the musical. It makes me weep in a good way. It is one of my ultimate friend songs... XD